Ditchfield has a solid history of project work delivering bulk earthworks, road construction, civil and mining infrastructure, land development projects and contract mining for over 20 years. As Ditchfield embarks on the next phase of growth, we are now seeking to engage a Civil Supervisor to assist with the safe and efficient delivery of our projects.
The role is based in Newcastle and reports to the Project Manager. The initial project is in the Newcastle area, and the flexibility to work on some projects delivered outside the Newcastle/Hunter area will be favourably viewed.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous project delivery experience on subdivisions and road projects.
- The ability to bring a project together with supervision of both internal plant & labour, and subcontractors is key.
- Experienced with earthworks, roadworks, pavements and stormwater.
- Have the demonstrated ability to read construction plans
- Have a good understanding of technical specifications.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Have the ability to drive sub-contractor productivity.
- Be team and Safety focused.
Your day to day responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Safety management.
- Managing the site diary.
- Organising and managing subcontractors.
- Material ordering.
- Driving the team on a daily basis to ensure high productivity.
Our company has a great story, a strong culture and a dynamic Senior Management team. We know that hands-on support from Senior Management in a learning environment grows successful people and a successful business.
We’re offering a permanent role with a competitive salary package and the opportunity to work with a stable, well-established business. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and forward thinking company.
How to Apply:
We’ll treat your application with absolute confidentiality. If you would like to apply for this position please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will receive a response to their application. WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
As an employer who knows the value diversity brings to a business, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds to apply.